2017 Season Criminal Record Check Information For All Volunteers
In 2015 the Ontario Lacrosse Association mandated that all volunteers that work with minors in the lacrosse clubs must have a completed Criminal Record Check (CRC) on file with their local club. These volunteers include Coaches, Trainers, Managers, House League Convenors, Executive Members, etc.
What you need to do:
Are you new to volunteering with the Nepean Knights in 2017?
Please take one of the following actions depending on your circumstances:
1. I have an existing Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector issued in 2015 or 2016:
- a. Contact our Registrar at email@example.com to provide an original copy of your CRC.
- b. Complete the OLA Offense Declaration form and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org:
2. I DO NOT HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK – Contact email@example.com to send you a link to complete a Criminal Record Check on line:
- Step 1: Complete the following form (link) http://www.ottawapolice.ca/fr/about-us/resources/Sections-andUnits/Police_Record_Check_2011_e.pdf
- Step 2: Contact Kathi Moran – firstname.lastname@example.org to get a letter of reference, which will waive the processing fee that the City of Ottawa charges.
- Step 3. Submit the PRC form in person at one of the following addresses: http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/contact-us/Find-a-Police-Station.asp
- Step 4. Your record check will be returned to you directly by the Ottawa Police Service
- Step 5. Forward copy to privacy officer by emailing email@example.com
Are you a returning volunteer?
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!!
Please take the following actions based on your circumstances:
- I have an existing Criminal Record Check dated 2015 or 2016 with the Nepean Knights. Please complete the OLA Offense Declaration form and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
- My CRC is dated 2013 or previous years. Please follow the same steps as ‘2 – I do not have a criminal record check’ above.
If you have any additional questions, please direct them to either: Kathi – email@example.com or Andrea – firstname.lastname@example.org