How to add your child’s calendar to your calendar app
So you have 1 kid in lax, or maybe 4 and you want to import all of their schedules to your google calendar or Ios Calendar? Or maybe you just want to view it day by day for your only child?
Well, you can, with the 7 easy steps below. If you have any questions email Krista at email@example.com
- Go to News & Events -> Calendar to pull up the main association calendar
2. You will then be shown a calendar that defaults to all events for the current month. From here you will be able to filter based on Team, Event type and location to see the events you are looking for. For the sake of example, let’s say I am the (awesome) parent of 2 (awesome) kids. 1 who plays Tyke House, and Bantam 1 Competitive.
3. Use the ‘Team’ filter to enter the teams that relate to your program. In my case, House league tyke is HL-Tyke and Bantam 1 Competitive is COMP-Bantam 1 . You will notice that this box lets you type ahead, so for anything Houseleague it will display all games by division so start typing HL- to see the options appear. For anything competitive type COMP-
4. Once you have all of the teams you would like to view, click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button
5. The calendar will then display all events for the selected categories. Click on ‘View as ->’ List to bring up the list view., You will still see all of the calendar entries you have filtered, however now they will appear in a list view instead of the calendar view.
6. To add them to your personal calendar, scroll to the bottom of the page and RIGHT click on the ‘Export events’ link. Select ‘Copy Link Location’ which will then save it to your computer memory. I like to paste it into notepad at that time so I don’t lose it. (an example of what the link will appear like is as follows: http://www.knightslacrosse.ca/events/list/?tribe-bar-date=2017-05&tribe_eventcategory%5B%5D=40&tribe_eventcategory%5B%5D=66&undefined=Submit&ical=1&tribe_display=list )
7. Add the link to your favourite calendar program using ical setup options
Easy as pie right?
Here are some additional instructions for adding to your calendar apps that may help as well:
Adding to Google Calendar
- Open Google Calendar.
- Next to “Other calendars” on the left, click the Down arrow .
- Select Add by URL.
- Enter the calendar’s address that you copied in step 6 above into the field provided.
- Click Add Calendar.
- Note – Google syncs on an interval. This means changes to the global calendar will NOT be immediately visible.
Adding to iPhone / iPad
You can view instructions on how to add a shared calendar to your Apple device by clicking here