Criminal Record Check Guidelines for Volunteers
2017 Season Criminal Record Check Information For All Volunteers
In 2015 the Ontario Lacrosse Association mandated that all volunteers that work with minors in the lacrosse clubs must have a completed Criminal Record Check (CRC) on file with their local club. These volunteers include Coaches, Trainers, Managers, House League Convenors, Executive Members, etc.
What you need to do:
Are you new to volunteering with the Nepean Knights in 2017?
Please take one of the following actions depending on your circumstances:
1. I have an existing Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector issued in 2015 or 2016:
- a. Contact our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide an original copy of your CRC.
- b. Complete the OLA Offense Declaration form and forward to email@example.com:
2. I DO NOT HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to send you a link to complete a Criminal Record Check on line:
- Step 1: Complete the following form (link) http://www.ottawapolice.ca/fr/about-us/resources/Sections-andUnits/Police_Record_Check_2011_e.pdf
- Step 2: Contact Kathi Moran – email@example.com to get a letter of reference, which will waive the processing fee that the City of Ottawa charges.
- Step 3. Submit the PRC form in person at one of the following addresses: http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/contact-us/Find-a-Police-Station.asp
- Step 4. Your record check will be returned to you directly by the Ottawa Police Service
- Step 5. Forward copy to privacy officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a returning volunteer?
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!!
Please take the following actions based on your circumstances:
- I have an existing Criminal Record Check dated 2015 or 2016 with the Nepean Knights. Please complete the OLA Offense Declaration form and forward to email@example.com
- My CRC is dated 2013 or previous years. Please follow the same steps as ‘2 – I do not have a criminal record check’ above.
If you have any additional questions, please direct them to either: Kathi – firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrea – email@example.com